This is a reminder that the Joel McCrea Blogathon will come riding up November 4-6. It marks what would’ve been McCrea’s 111th birthday, November 5, with a celebration of his incredible body of work. His career covered about every genre and included some of cinema’s greatest directors: Sturges, Walsh, Hawks, DeMille, Hitchcock, Peckinpah.
If you’re interested in playing along, here’s what you do:
• Pick a McCrea picture. Any one will do.
• Let me know you want to participate (email email@example.com), what you want to cover and when you plan to post it — Friday November 4th through Sunday the 6th. Your posts can be in any form, of any length, and on any topic as long as it relates to McCrea, but I’d like to manage things a bit to make sure we don’t end up with 14 people writing about the same thing.
• Post your piece on the scheduled day, using the official blogathon banner (up top).
• Send me the link so I can post it on the master list.
• Be sure to read all the other posts from your fellow bloggers.
A tip of the hat to Phil Hansley for the badge.