A couple days ago, 50s Westerns Of The 50s was nominated for a Superior Scribbler Award by Livius over at Riding The High Country.
Being that 50s Westerns is still in its first month, and I’m still trying to figure out just how it’s gonna work (especially in relation to the book), I was shocked. Extremely flattered, too, given the fine work of the blogger who nominated me.
The award comes with some rules:
• Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to five most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
• Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
• Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
• Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
• Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
So, on to my nominations. First, movie/TV blogs:
• Greenbriar Picture Shows is an impeccably researched treasure trove of information and rare images. Fascinating, even when the films covered aren’t my cup of tea.
• The Horn Section features a great series called “Why The Hell Isn’t This On DVD Yet?” and a preoccupation with Forrest Tucker.
• Stephen Bowie’s The Classic TV History Blog shows how informative, thorough and smart a blog can be.
(I was happy to see that one of my favorite blogs, Sergio Leone And The InField Fly Rule, was already a recipient.)
And a couple of non-media ones:
• With Please Pass The Pie, there’s a lot to like: the pictures of the food, the thought that I could actually make this stuff, and just the way Abbie writes.
• One day, my wife and I will use Retro Renovation to make our mid-century ranch a real showplace. Until then, we just like it.
Thanks again to Livius. And to anybody that’s passed through so far.